The Irish Composers’ Collective presents ICC Speak, an event featuring 8 interdisciplinary installations in the Irish Architectural Archives. Installations include:
- Susan Geaney: Grapefruit
- Anna Clifford/Veronika Szabo: In Utero
- Robbie Blake: Postal Notes
- Maria Minguella: Sound Therapy
- Chris McAteer: Speaking with the Past
- Aran O'Grady: Tweet Responses
- Michelle O'Rourke: Elevated Speech
- Ena Brennan: Echo
Following on from last year's Takeover event, Speak seeks to explore communication through music in the 21st Century.
Audience members will be invited to engage, respond and interact with the installations throughout the night before a wine and canapés reception.
Kirkos Ensemble and Tonnta Music will close the event with the premiere of 6 new works by ICC composers, written in response to newly commissioned poetry by Nessa O'Mahony, Victoria Kennefick and Afric McGlinchey.
New Works include:
- Amy Rooney: Singing Anam Cara
- Shell Dooley: Three
- Richard Hughes: Week Eight
- Roisin Hayes: Three Little Birds
- Chris Moriarty-Pearson: String Trio
- Patrick O'Connor: Week Eight
ICC Speak is presented by the Irish Composers’ Collective in association with Ensemble Music, Kirkos Ensemble, Tonnta Music and the Irish Architectural Archives.
4th November 2016, 45 Merrion Sq. Dublin
Tickets: €15/€10 Concession
Final Concert: 9-10pm