interested in becoming a member?
If you're interested in joining the Irish Composers Collective please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- biography (composition, performance or otherwise)
- two scores ( preferably computer-notated)*
Applications are considered at general meetings twice a year.
Next general meeting: August 2017
* Recently the ICC has received successful applications from electronic artists who will be catered to
for concerts that are applicable to their particular skill sets.
what happens once you become a member?
The phone number, email address and general area of residence is required of each member.
- ICC membership costs €70 per year (€60 per year for students). As we are essentially a not-for-profit organisation, we rely on the
memberships to keep the Collective running squeaky clean. However we are as accommodating as we can for members who sometimes struggle to pay fees.
- The composer selection for each of our concert is done by picking names out of a hat. This is to ensure that all members regardless of standard or experience have an equal chance to be picked for a concert.
- If your name is picked from the hat, you will be able to submit a piece for that concert. You'll also be asked to help out a little bit with the running of the concert. While composing, if you want to contact the performer(s) or seek assistance, please ask the ICC committee. Warning: If you are chosen to write for a concert, but fail to submit your piece before the given deadline, you may be excluded from the hat for a 6 month period.
- Monthly ICC meetings involving all members are held to discuss past, current, future events and any other business.
You can attend one ICC concert for free! Just make sure you email our chairperson beforehand to let him know.
We have a closed FB group for our members. Please follow this link and request to join to keep up to date with all our goings on!